Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:27:17 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: still trouble with pci.c on i386

Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk> writes:
> However, I'm not sure
> what the strategy is for reverting to previous revisions.
> For example if I know (from previous posts) that r 200341
> breaks src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c and pci_pci.c, then which
> revision should I sync with?

r200340, of course.

> First I updated all src:
>
> svn update svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head /usr/src
>
> then I reverted to r 200315, but only for pci src:
>
> svn update -r 200315 svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/pci /usr/src=
/sys/dev/pci

Umm, is your /usr/src actually a Subversion working copy?

Both svn commands are wrong, didn't you notice the error messages?

The easiest way to do this is to apply the problematic revision in
reverse:

% cd /usr/src/sys
% svn diff -c200341 http://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/sys | patch -R

DES