Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:37:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "A. L. Meyers" <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>
To:        <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make installworld problem

Dear Kent et al,

Forgot to mention that, exactly according to the handbook, I
backed up /etc preserving dates and permissions. Maybe you could
tell me how to use this to get the system back in shape.

Thanks and greetings,

Lucien

PS1 Had to reconfigure this mail system as
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org was rejecting mails due to "no
fully qualified host name". It seems that "localhost" alone is
rejected by sendmail and "localhost.localhost" not recognised as
fully qualified. Lose-lose situation which I got round by using
the first part of my domain name as the unqualified hostname.
If you sent me mails between 9 and 11 h. CEDT this morning, they
were lost.

PS2 (Pse don't get angry because of this comparison :-).) Are you
familiar with Debian GNU/Linux's apt-get update and apt-get
upgrade system? It seems much easier to me than cvsup etc. but,
as a trade-off, it uses binaries, not sources. If you could merge
agp-get with sources in BSD, you would have the best of both
variants, so it seems to me.