Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:19:10 -0500
From:      "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Cc:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject:   Re: the current status of nullfs, unionfs

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:38:43PM +0100, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> A little time ago, phk@ asked for people to submit regression tests for
> virtual filesystem like this [1].  AFAIK, nobody submitted even one test
> so far.  This could be a good starting point to have unionfs work
> correctly again.  However, I think FreeBSD VFS gurus should first spread
> some ideas and clues about tests to do.  I guess indeed there are very
> tricky ones that most common mortals wouldn't even suspect.

But the mere existence of even a basic regression test would be a
start and would encourage people to not hose things further.

Folks, don't let the fact that you're not a guru stop you from taking
a kiddie step and submitting a basic test!

==ml (who uses neither unionfs nor nullfs because of the scary man pages)

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
	       Latest book: Cisco Routers for the Desperate