Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:28:21 +0100
From:      girgen@FreeBSD.org
To:        Michel Gravey <michel.gravey@optogone.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with unresolved symbols in libintl.so.6 (gettext)

stpycpy is in libc.so.5...

$ nm -D /lib/libc.so.5 |grep stpcpy
0001ed60 T stpcpy

So, I doubt it is gettext itself that is the problem... Sounds like the
ports that don't work are linked to old libc.so.4? After 4.10->5.3 upgrade,
more or less *all* ports should be rebuilt, aka portupgrade -fa... if not,
your bound to get problems with different library versions, and for C++
code the mess is even worse. Are the problems just arising for not recently
installed ports?

/Palle

--On onsdag, december 29, 2004 01.47.03 +0100 Michel Gravey