Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:44:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port Install Problem.  Please Help

   From: Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil
   Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:29:06 -0500

   Sorry for the lack of details.  I've been working (learning) FBSD for the
   last 3 months.  I'm using FreeBSD 4.0 (Stable).  When I try to run qcad I
   get the error "No such command found."

Right, but since you didn't use the port, I can't help much there.
The original distribution, which you appear to have used, could have
installed its files anywhere.  [In fact, standardizing this is one of
the main reasons for having the ports system in the first place.]  The
port, I see from examining its pkg/PLIST file, installs a file called
'qcad' in the bin directory (which, by default for the ports system,
would mean /usr/local/bin).

   I guess the real question I need to ask is how to I download the newest
   port?  I assume once I do it's just the simple matter of make install.

If you're running 4-STABLE, as you say, then you're presumably using
cvsup to get the updates.  cvsup can update ports, too.

   Mark