Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 15:18:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bora Akyol <bora@wireless.stanford.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem during freebsd install process

Hi
I am trying to install freebsd on a box that had linux (red hat variety)
on it. This is a GA-586ATE/p motherboard with the triton chipset. The hard
drive is an ATA-2 Seagate 32140A (medalist). Before the install lilo would
boot the LINUX partition fine. Before I installed freebsd, I performed
fdisk /mbr
under M$-DOZE and verified that the system boots MSDOS fine. Then I
deleted the LINUX partitions and verified that they were deleted.
After all this preliminaries. I proceeded to install FreeBSD from the
WALNUT CREEK cdrom. I chose to install booteasy on the MBR and used
FREEBSD fdisk. Now the problem is after the install booteasy will not boot
the freebsd partition. I am stumped. Never had any problem with booteasy
before. What did I do wrong, any suggestions?
While I am at it, does anybody know if someone is working on a MV-Jazz 16
sound card driver for FreeBSD?
Thanks

Bora Akyol
Department of Electrical Engineering