Date:      Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:58:50 -0800
From:      "Karl Agee" <kdagee@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade wrecked gnome!!!  ~>8-(

Here is my tale of woe.

Freebsd 4.11-stable.  I upgraded my ports using portupgrade -arR after
cvsuping and make fetchindex and portsdb -u.  Things worked, so I went out
and did portupgrade.

But my gnome-2.8.2 install is hosed.  It starts but gives me no taskbars or
button bars.  Just little iconlets--one on the top, the "quicklaunch
toolbar" for a few apps I had in it, and a little something at the bottom
which I cannot figure out what it is supposed to be.

I tried doing a  make deinstall of gnome and cleared everything out of
ports/distfiles.  But it didnt require anything new I imagine all it needed
is still laying around here, broken.

SO, my friends, I would like to get my gnome install back....

--karl