Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 1996 21:50:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bruce Bauman <boot@mosquito.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject:   out of sockets?

We're a small ISP using Livingston portmasters and running
radius on a single FreeBSD 2.1.5 box (along with e-mail,
web server, and most other services).

We recently started having customers complain that they
were getting "Host is currently unavailable" messages
when they tried to connect to our Portmasters. I'm
assuming we've exhausted some networking resource.

We've supped -stable, built a new kernel, and rebooted,
but we're not sure whether the problem still exists.
Is there any particular options in the kernel that
should be tweaked? Any suggestions on where to look?

-- Bruce