Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:13:01 -0600
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Karthik Reddy <22karthikreddy@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the timeout of TCP in freeBSD?

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Karthik Reddy <22karthikreddy@gmail.com>wrote:

> When I change the kern.hz to 50, the timeout is happening at 76sec. Could
> you please elaborate on kern.hz and how does it effect timing.

Lower frequency so less opportunities for errors to be introduced, although
you may have greater network latency at that setting.

Some setting under sysctl kern.timecounter and/or sysctl kern.eventtimer
should be able to allow the guest to run better if the hypervisor can't do
it.

--
Adam Vande More