Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:09:09 +0200 (EET)
From:      Ana Romero <anar@ees2.oulu.fi>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problems installing driver (fwd)

Hello!

I am trying to install the WaveLAN driver for Freebsd and I have found some
troubles to do it. I have followed the instructions in
http://people.freebsd.org/~wpaul/WaveLAN/
and maybe the problem could be that I have FreeBSD 4.0 installing. I cannot
configured the card (it is an WaveLAN card is Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11
PCMCIA Orinoco 11 Mbps  silver) because when I try to display the WaveLAN
card setting, it
happens the following:

#wicontrol -i wi0
wicontrol:SIOCGWAVELAN: device not configured

Also when I try to display the CIS:

#pccardc dumpcis
Read return -1 bytes (expected 2)
pccardc: CIS code read: cannot allocate memory

As it is said in instructions I have copied pccard.conf file and
modificated
the kernel configuration file with the appropiate address and IRQ. I have
rebooted again but the problem reminds. I know that this
driver is for lower releases of FreeBSD and WaveLAN card but what can I do?
Do you know if there is any other drivers for this versions?

Kind regards,

Ana