Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 1997 10:55:55 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Alec Woo <awoo@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems in ATAPI IDE CD-ROM driver

Alec Woo wrote:

> Hi, I am currently using a HITACHI 4x ATAPI IDE CD-ROM.  When the machine
> boots up, it seems to recognize CD-ROM as wd0c.  However, when I try to

This                                        ^^^^
is either a typo, or your CD doesn't get recognized. It should read
wcd0. If it does not get recognized, try connecting it as the slave on
the primary EIDE controller.

> use the CD-ROM as a media type in the install program, the system
> complains that the device is not found.  Also, when I try to mount the
> cdrom, the system complains that the device is not found.  I am currently

What do you mean "when I try to mount". Is that after you have a working
system? If so, you'll need to rebuild the kernel with the correct
options atapi
device	wcd0

and make the device wcd0 in /dev

> using release 2.1.6.  Can you suggest me how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks
Nadav