Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 18:40:04 +0800 (CST)
From:      Jian-Da Li <jdli@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   YP/NIS Problem

	Hi :

	I am setting up a self-nis client/server. (ie. the host runs both
	ypbind and ypserv)

	I am running a CURRENT at 96/02/10, and have these problems :
	1. "ypcat SOMETHING" reports correct info, but will complain
	   "No such map XXX.byXXX. Reason: No more records in map database"
	   in the final line.
	   But those files are in /vay/yp/NIS_DOMAIN/
	2. NIS is out of work in chroot environment.
	   When I chroot someone, he can't resolve NIS anymore.
	   ypwhich works, but not others.  id, passwd, ypcat die.
	   But I am sure that $CHROOT/etc/*passwd are set correctly.
	3. root change yp-user's password needs OLD password.
	   (I remembered that this has been fixed)
	4. Should I upgrade my NIS-related files to the most recently
	   current ?!  If yes, which files I should compile ?!
	   	       (yp*, libc ?!, passwd ?)

	Thanks for your help.
--

                                             李 建 達 (Jian-Da Li) 交大資工