Date:      Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:24:46 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: transcode: 1.0.5_3 => 1.0.6_1 fails at configure (gnome-config)

on 06/08/2008 13:59 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> $ make configure
> checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... yes
> checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... yes
> checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... yes
> checking libavcodec/avcodec.h usability... yes
> checking libavcodec/avcodec.h presence... yes
> checking for libavcodec/avcodec.h... yes
> checking for pkgconfig support for libavcodec... gnome-config: not found
> no
> checking how to determine LIBAVCODEC_CFLAGS... user
> checking how to determine LIBAVCODEC_LIBS... user
> checking for avcodec_thread_init in -lavcodec... no
> checking for pkgconfig support for libmpeg2... gnome-config: not found
> no
> ERROR: requirement failed: cannot link against libavcodec
> libavcodec can be found in the following packages:
>   FFmpeg  http://www.ffmpeg.org/
[snip]

I see the following block in the configure script:
  pkg_config_libavcodec="no"
  { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for pkgconfig support for libavcodec" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for pkgconfig support for libavcodec... $ECHO_C"
>&6; }
  if test x"$PKG_CONFIG" != x"no" ; then
    if $PKG_CONFIG FFmpeg --exists ; then
      pkg_config_libavcodec="yes"
    fi
  fi

And this is what happens on my system:
$ pkg-config FFmpeg --exists
gnome-config: not found
Exit 1

Is this a problem with configure or with my system?

--
Andriy Gapon