Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:22:03 +0000
From:      Paul Branston <apbran@rannoch.demon.co.uk>
To:        hotmail <zchicago@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PSION gold card gives no response (expects OK)

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 12:49:26AM -0800, hotmail wrote:
> hello,
>     i have a dell latitude cpi with a standard psion gold card 56k + fax and it won't respond to kppp; the modem nevers sends the OK command from init. Plus if kppp flow control is set to crtscts, kppp locks--also changing line termination and response times does nothing. can anyone help me fix this?
>                     thanks, tony

Does it work with the standard ppp commands ?

The ppp man page contains a great deal of information. I suggest
that you try running pp manually from the command line interactively
and you'll see what works and what doesn't.

You mention that you never get the OK back from the modem, in 'term'
mode of the ppp program you will be able to send an AT to the modem
which should respond with OK. I use the Identical modem in my
Inspiron 4000 with no problems, the init string I use is
ATE1Q0L0M0

Also, I don't run kde so forgive my ignorance, does kppp have logging
and debugging which you could turn on perhaps.

Paul