Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 01:06:59 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Ali Niknam <ali@iephosting.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP Listen queue overflows?

>Hi David,
>
>Thanks! Before I do this I'd like to know what it does exactly? Can you
>please explain?

   It increases the maximum listen queue depth. This will only be useful if
the application that is doing the listen() specifies a large maximum queue
depth (backlog), however. If the application specifies a small backlog
paramter to listen, then changing the kernel maximum will have no effect
on the problem and it will need to be changed in the application.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.