Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:19:48 +0300
From:      Veaceslav Revutchi <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mgetty, dialin server (need some advise)

greetings,

I am trying to set up a dialin server with four lines. I need to
allow full IP access on two of them and email only on the
other two. I was thinking about using ipfw to achieve this. For that
I need to associate a static IP address with each of the four lines.

In the login.config of the mgetty I have this line:
/AutoPPP/ -     -               /etc/ppp/ppp-dialup

Now this ppp-dialup script has to check what line (cuaa0...4) the
call came in and start the ppp daemon with the right configuration
label found in ppp.conf so that this line gets the predefined IP address:

exec /usr/sbin/ppp -direct ppp-cuaa0IDENT
...or
exec /usr/sbin/ppp -direct ppp-cuaa1IDENT
... and so on. I hope you get the idea.

The question is: how can I identify what line the call came in so that
I can use the info in my script?

If there is a better way of achiving the same thing I would be grateful
if you could share.

Thanks in advance,
slava