Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:01:27 +0200
From:      Luke Roberts <luke@roberts.nl>
To:        Freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 14b L2 and L3 errors

--=====================_7312274==_.ALT

Thanks for the reply Gary,

>this doesn't answer your question, but this problem sure looks a lot like
>a bug which I (and others) thought was limited to the Fritz!Card PCI. It
>manifests itself in a similar manner - the ISAC just seems to stop working
>(but only with sPPP). Of course, that means that all communication with the
>NT also stops, which is basically what you are experiencing.

If it only occurs with sPPP then the problem should stop with userland PPP?

>Brian "Awfulhak" Somers, who maintains the user-land PPP stuff, has
>modified it so that it can work with i4b. Since the user-land PPP supports
>MPPP, this means that i4b also can. This stuff is part of 0.83 and also
>in -current.

In that case I will compile 0.83 and try to use userland ppp. I looked at
Brian "awfulhak" 's pages but couldn't find any configuration examples for
setting it up with i4b.

Could somebody mail me their configuration files so could have the system
up and running soon? Also how do I disable the sPPP?

Thanks,

Luke Roberts
luke@roberts.nl

--=====================_7312274==_.ALT

Thanks for the reply Gary,<br>
problem sure looks a lot like<br>
a bug which I (and others) thought was limited to the Fritz!Card PCI.
It<br>
manifests itself in a similar manner - the ISAC just seems to stop
working<br>
(but only with sPPP). Of course, that means that all communication with
the<br>
NT also stops, which is basically what you are experiencing.<br>
If it only occurs with sPPP then the problem should stop with userland
PPP?<br>
maintains the user-land PPP stuff, has<br>
modified it so that it can work with i4b. Since the user-land PPP
supports<br>
MPPP, this means that i4b also can. This stuff is part of 0.83 and
also<br>
in -current.<br>
In that case I will compile 0.83 and try to use userland ppp. I looked at
Brian &quot;awfulhak&quot; 's pages but couldn't find any configuration
examples for setting it up with i4b.<br>
Could somebody mail me their configuration files so could have the system
up and running soon? Also how do I disable the sPPP? <br>
Thanks,<br>
Luke Roberts<br>
luke@roberts.nl<br>