Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 10:29:52 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        "M.C Wong" <wongm@lespoir.apana.org.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Novell Netware server emulation

M.C Wong wrote:

> Hi,
>     I wonder if it is possible to turn a FreeBSD box
> into emulating a Novell Netware server for IPX/SPX
> routing, printing, and file sharing. No requirement
> for real Netware login.

Currently AFAIK there is no such package for FreeBSD..

Although I am working on porting the Linux LinWare (lwared)
package, It's becomming more of a pain then at first thought!
(And getting to be above my head)
It's very buggy, And is only a file server! No print services!

I do plan on continuing work on it. Anyone else is more
then welcome to take it on.. :)

There is IPX kernel code avaliable for 2.0 and 2.1r, I *belive* that
it comes in 2.1.5.. (Not sure yet)
Along with this kernel code there is a IPXrouted daemon.

So progress is being made!

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848