Date:      Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:17:29 +1100
From:      Nik Lam <freebsdnik@j2d.lam.net.au>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: configuring if_bridge with stp at boot in /etc/rc.conf

I've tried rebuilding a kernel with

OPTIONS if_bridge

but this problem still happens.  To re-iterate, when I try to activate
the bridge with STP parameters in rc.conf, one of the bridge interfaces
goes into forwarding mode, but the other interfaces remains in disabled
mode.
Here is what I have in rc.conf:

#===============
ifconfig_em1="up"
ifconfig_em2="up"

cloned_interfaces="bridge0"

ifconfig_bridge0="addm em1 stp em1 addm em2 stp em2 hellotime 2 maxage 5
fwddelay 6  priority 10 up"

If I remove these lines and reboot, I can get the STP bridge to work if
I just use ifconfig to manually build the bridge.

Is this a bug or have I missed some documentation somewhere?

Nik