Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 19:27:09 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Iozone: local vs nfs drives

>> Did you have tagged-command queuing enabled?  According to my tests,
>> that will make a BIG difference, if you have decent drives.

>	I don't know...I haven't enabled it manually, so I would assume
>not.
>	How do I check/enable it?  Any caveats I should worry about?

Put "options AHC_TAGENABLE" in your kernel config file, and rebuild
(this is on NetBSD, anyway, but it's the common code written by Justin
Gibbs).

Caveats?  My NetBSD box has been running a ccd for about two months
striped across two drives, with this enabled (and the drives do
support tagged command queuing, yes).  This is on NetBSD-current
(1.2), using the "common" AHC driver.  No bad things have happened,
yet. :-)

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net