Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 16:07:18 +0300
From:      FORTHNET Pavlidis <pavlidis@yalco.gr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP wanted to setup server behind nat router

Situation:

I have an old PC (386), which is used as a dial on demand router to
Internet with the IPRoute program. This works as a dedicated router and
has also the capability to filter the packets (if wanted). The router
does NAT (IP masquarading) so all intranet systems have IP address in
the form 192.168.x.y. I have a static IP address and a domain. My ISP
can support ETRN for email.

The router has IP 192.168.1.254, the FreeBSD has IP 192.168.1.253

I want to setup the FreeBSD as an internal server that should be used
for:
1) cache name server.
2) mail server.
3) proxy for faster web browsing.

I found numerous documentations, that after a while made wonder what is
right and what is wrong. And i have not found a solution to the problem
of collecting the email from ISP via ETRN. Can anyone please direct me
at least to right points where to find a solution to this problem.

As I am not member in any mailing list, and this email address was found
in a web page during my research (freebsd.peon.net), I would like the
reply to send by email to me if possible.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the trouble to reply.

Savas Pavlidis

pavlidis@nettaxi.com
pavlidis@yalco.gr