Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 17:45:48 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possibility?

In message <199610222258.PAA08708@phaeton.artisoft.com> Terry Lambert writes:
: I haven't patched my FreeBSD because, frankly, I can't mount the
: OpenBSD disk to have both files up at once because of the disklabel
: differences (which are gratuitous, as far as I can tell).

The differences are due to having 16 partitions available rather than
the 8 that are normally available.  To reflect this, the partition
type was changed to be 166.  They have no slice code, ala FreeBSD, at
this time.  FreeBSD doesn't understand that, as you might imagine.

This is a relatively new development (say in the last two months or
so).

Warner