Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:42:56 -0500
From:      Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
To:        "Marco Antonio A. Díaz de León" <mdeleon2@df1.telmex.net.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Virtual Server Question

>     I´m making an Internet Server System to allow many sites in my
> Master Server, to be hosted with both kinds of URLs (www.host.com/site
> & www.site.com).

This is relatively simple to do with FreeBSD and Apache (that's the
webserver, check www.apache.org for info and download). You won't even
need to use different ports, Apache handles name-based virtual hosts
very well and they're a breeze to set up if you read the docs.

Also, I'd recommend holding off on the 3.x branch until it's moved to
-stable unless you're real comfortable with a good amount of hacking. In
the meantime, 2.2.7 works great.

Good luck,
Roman

--