Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2002 07:08:25 -0800
From:      "pan" <pan@syix.com>
To:        "freeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   locating 4.5 release source files

I need to look at some 4.5-RELEASE source files

I have a 4.5r cd ...
any way to extract source files from  files like
ssys.at that are on the disk?
If so, anyway to extract a specific file name from
that cd format?

Alternatively, does the cvs repository allow searches
against 4.5-release for specific files; e.g ata-pci.c?
It doesn't seem to ....

I would just look at /usr/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-pci.c
on a running system, but having cvsup'd all that seems
there now is the last stable version.

So, how can I get a copy of any particular src file
under these conditions? Install 4.5-release on an
unused box?

thanks,

Pan