Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 18:58:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Bostic <bostic@bsdi.com>
To:        jhs@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: does cgetent() tgetent() vi see if an element of TERMPATH is a file ?

> Does current FreeBSD lib cgetent() called from tgetent() called from Vi 1.34
> always correctly detect the difference between
> an element of TERMPATH being a file & a directory ?

I don't know, but it shouldn't be a vi issue.  Vi only uses
tgetent(), it doesn't use the getcap(3) interfaces.

That said, BSDI has made several fixes to getcap(3), and I
vaguely recall a couple more to termlib.  I could probably
pass them along if someone wants to do the merge and pass
it back.

--keith