Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 1995 14:37:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Who's working on ISDN?

Is anybody currently actively working on support for ISDN cards?  I
know about the support for the Dr. Neuhaus boards, but that doesn't
seem to be very active.  In particular, I am looking for something
that will support the Teles/Creatix boards which are available here in
Germany.  They're the cheapest available, mainly because they have the
least hardware and place corresponding demands on the CPU, but they're
frequently the best choice anyway.

If there's enough interest, we might consider porting the Linux
software, which is functional but flaky.  Here in Germany at any rate,
ISDN is the way to go for long distance communication, and I think
that FreeBSD would be an ideal vehicle for ISDN.

Greg