Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Gilles Kirouac <gkirouac@riq.qc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ports have un-reachable URLs (was: Re: Obsolete URL)

--- Gilles Kirouac <gkirouac@riq.qc.ca> wrote:
> The link http://www.geocities.com/wtnbkysh/
> on page http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/comms/ltmdm/pkg-descr
> is unreachable.

[First of all, please do not continue this discussion on the -doc list,
otherwise, I will be on the hot plate for cross-posting! :P ]

I think this should be CC'ed (done!) to freebsd-ports@.  Anyway, I was
lurking around the ports page to find my www/larbin port!, but I found
that there is another port which doesn't have its link working:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/www/fxhtml/pkg-descr
  (the link is: http://www.cybercities.net/fxhtml)

Which makes two ports with un-reachable links:

  1. www/fxhtml
  2. comms/ltmdm

For no. 1, I think the maintainer needs to contacted about it; and as for
no. 2, the link should just be removed, or the maintainer needs to be
contacted for a new URL.

  -- Hiten