Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 07:47:02 -0600
From:      Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
To:        Gallagher <mgllghr@bu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: <OT> I Think I have a dead Athlon

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 07:43:13AM -0400, Gallagher wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> > >Hi there,
> > >
> > >	If i were you, i will bring it back to the vendor :)
> > >
> > >Besides please do not do any overclocking
> >
> > I'll second this.  Make absolutely, positively sure that if there are any
> > CPU
> > switches on the motherboard that they are set properly.
> >
>   Yeah, that's not really an option.  I've had the board for over a year.
> Warranties, and guarantees, and the like have all dried up.  The machine
> ran great until one day when it just shut off by itself, and then I tried
> to power it back up, and no dice. However, I appreciate the suggestion.
>   I've gone over the switches several times, but haven't seen an
> misconfiguration.  The board wasn't overclocked, or anything like that.
> It was running in its intended fashion.
>
>  ~mike

I missed the beginning of this thread, so the following may have already
been considered; i.e., are you absolutely sure that your Power Supply is
outputting the correct voltages to the mobo's main connectors? If you
have access to a DVM, I'd check it out anyway -- just for hellery. ;)
--
-duke
Calgary, Alberta, Canada