Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:02:10 +0100
From:      Schoch Christian <e0326715@student.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Michael =?iso-8859-1?b?VPx4ZW4=?= <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [SCTP] transport address unconfirmed instead of inactive

Dear Michael,

as I could figure out, the problem with UNCONFIRMED is solved. My test
tools is based on lksctp-tools and written for linux testing. Now the
problem here is that there is a inconsistency between linux and
FreeBSD of the return value of spinfo_state. Perhaps these return
values could be standardized in the sctp socket-api. Leaving a note on
the linux dev mailing list on this topic.

The other problem may depend on the fact, that i did the test with
vmware and a remote machine using only one network interface with 2
different Addresses assigned. Furthermore, both addresses had a
netmask of 255.255.0.0 so both addresses were located in the same
subnet. Did the same test with 2 Vmware machines and other addresses
which was successful.

Regards,
Christian