Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 04:05:47 -0600
From:      Nick Lozinsky <nl3481@wi.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hostname, domain name and mail problems

Hello,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.5, and set up my NIC card and the hostname and
domain name for the ISP was automatically specified in the NIC setup. I
left the settings as they were. Then I've installed mutt and have
attempted to read/send mail. When I try to send mail, whoever's email
address it be, I get an undelivered mail message using mail. It occurs
that my To: addresses are being converted to the host@ at my domain
name. So if I were to send a message to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org it
would try to send it ro freebsd-questions@myspecified.domain which,
obviously freebsd-questions is not on. So what do I need to do to get
this simple problem solved?

Please help.
Thank you.