Date:      Wed, 30 May 2007 19:30:34 -0500
From:      "J. Porter Clark" <jpc@porterclark.com>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Working quite well : xorg7.2, DRI, suspend, Radeon Mobility X600

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:52:22AM +0800, Norberto Meijome wrote:

> On Mon, 28 May 2007 09:58:08 -0500
> "J. Porter Clark" <jpc@porterclark.com> wrote:
>
> > You write:
> >
> > >Upgrade to xorg 7.2, latest kernel + World to date (2007-05-28).
> >
> > Can you send me your xorg.conf?  I have a somewhat similar
> > setup.  (Same graphics adapter, but an HP nc8230 laptop.)
> >
> Hi JPC :)
> please keep the list in the CC:

Well, I'm not actually a subscriber, but here goes.

> I've uploaded xorg.conf and some related info to :
>
> http://www.meijome.net/files/freebsd/ayiin_20070529/

Mine is so similar...but doesn't work.  It's an HP (Compaq)
nc8230, also with an ATI Radeon.  I have placed the relevant
files here, for a limited time:

  <http://www.porterclark.com/~jpc/to_freebsd/>;

The "good" files are with Load "dri" commented out of xorg.conf.
In the "bad" files, the text is all torn and stretched, and
there are other visible problems, but amazingly, much of it
is okay.  As you can see from the xorg.conf file, I did have
EnablePageFlip and DynamicClocks turned on, but it makes no
difference if they are off.  Also had the same problems with twm
instead of Window Maker.

I get glxgears results similar to yours with DRI off.

I've lived without DRI for a couple of years and can presumably
continue to do so, although it would be nice to get it going.

--
J. Porter Clark      <jpc@porterclark.com>