Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:57:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mr D Whitehead <davew@sees.bangor.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panasonic LF-1000

>>Original Question:
>>
>> Hi,
>> 	Does the Panasonic LF-1000 PD/CD Rom Drive (SCSI) work with
>> FreeBSD and if not is anyone working on it.
>
> Mike Smith`s reply:
>It's a SCSI CDrom, should work just fine.    Have to admit that I've
>never met the "LF-1000"; Panasonic are Matsushita whose part numbers
> for SCSI CDroms have always been in the form CR-5xxB...

That will teach me to be inexplicit.  The Panasonic LF-1000 is a
dual purpose drive taking either a CD or a 650Mbyte rewritable
optical cartridge.  Installed on a dos (sorry about swearing) machine
it uses an extra driver in addition to the the usuall aspi drivers.
So back to the original question - anyone know if it will work with
FreeBSD?

EMAIL:-					| TELEPHONE (work):-
(work) davew@sees.bangor.ac.uk 		| +44 1248 382703 (Direct line)
(home) 100023.1076@compuserve.com	| +44 1248 351151 ext 2703
SNAIL MAIL:-
Dave Whitehead
School of Electronic Engineering & Computer Systems,
University College of North Wales,
Dean Street,
Bangor  LL57 1UT