Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:34:00 -0600
From:      Ben Weaver <bweaver@tranquility.net>
To:        Phelip Cray <phelipc@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creative

I think that Creative Soundblaster Lives are PCI cards, not ISA (mine is anyway).  You should simply add this line to your kernel config:

device pcm

So, replace your device pcm0... line with that above.

After you recompile the kernel and reboot, the only things you need to do are MAKEDEV snd0 (which it looks like you've done) and run /usr/sbin/mixer to adjust the mixer values which are initially set to zero.

-Ben