Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:22:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding desktop support

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> A simple suggestion: Develop your desktop system and provide
> a web page on how to use it  and/or how people can help
> your project.

Which completely misses the point ... we have desktops, we want to
provide tools and APIs which attract developers of applications to code
for FreeBSD.  You might have well asked yourself to write the desktop,
you care as much (or more) about it as John does, and you know that.  I
know what your answer is, and I'm not surprised or bothered by that, but
I am surprised at your discouraging John from providing tools to those
folks who ARE interested in it.

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).