Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 13:29:50 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Subject:   Re: status of -current

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 12:15:26PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> Having been quite busy with Real Life[tm] stuff I wonder where
> -current for alpha is at the moment? Things like the (in)famous
> loader thing etc come to mind.

The loader works more or less now.
I have some problems with the name of the kernel which is searched
as kernel.ko while it gets installed as kernel.
The loader crashes for me if it doesn't find the kernel ;(
But maybe it's my fault as I did not put much time in maintaing the
/boot dir.

The kernel does not work for me on an axppci33 system but does
on a pc164.

The ithread patches are still problematic as I can't get my pc164 to boot
at least into su-mode.

> NB: is there any way to cvsup via a HTTP/FTP proxy? Bloody corporate
> firewall etc..

You need at least a single outgoing tcp connect or go via ctm.
Not even outgoing ssh or telnet works?
If you can establish a tunnel anyhow I can setup the other end on
cvsup4.de.freebsd.org

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de