Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 17:42:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dan Walters <hannibal@cyberstation.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD-RW documentation...

I just ordered a EIDE CD-RW (all the 4x models I could find were EIDE, and
if hard drives are any indication I bet most CD-RWs will probably be EIDE
soon) and of course would like to use it under FreeBSD.  I don't even see
anything looking like support for it under Linux, which really surprised
me.  I'd be interested in at least attempting to implement some support
for it.  Can someone tell me where I could get my hands on some sort of
programmer's guide or manual for these?  Would the specifics for a CD-RW
actually be covered in the ATAPI specs from WD?

Dan Walters
hannibal@cyberstation.net