Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:54:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vinay Bannai <bannai@best.com>
To:        imp@village.org (M. Warner Losh)
Cc:        bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDT processors?

According to M. Warner Losh:
> In message <199711092054.WAA17476@shadows.aeon.net> mika ruohotie writes:
> : now, _that_ would be a port i'd like to see, freebsd on SGI platform.
> : how likely is it?
>
> I once started a FreeBSD port to R4400 that it is in the arc machine I
> have.  I punted on it due to lack of time.  There were also
> perlininary offers to have someone pay for this port.
>
> Finally, the OpenBSD folks are working on an sgi port.  I don't think
> that it is in the tree yet.
>
> Warner

Hi Warner,

I have been working on the R4k series for a while, most specifically
R4650. This was mostly related to hooking up IDT NicStar 77201/77211 SAR
chips. If you are stalled for some reason, let me know and I will be more
than glad to give you a hand. I just got freed from a major obligation and
seems like I will have some free time in the coming weeks/months.

Vinay
--
Vinay Bannai                     E-mail: bannai@best.com