Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:09:20 -0500
From:      "J. Blask" <argon@massnet1.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   building Mozart on FreeBSD 4.5.0_RELEASE

Dear FreeBSD support person:

  I am trying to build Mozart under FreeBSD 4.5.0_RELEASE and am having
some difficulty.  It sems the package requires
an older version of Bison (version 1.28). The currently installed
version of GNU Bison is up to 1.34_2.  I would like to try
compiling it with the new version of BISON and see if it still works,
but I am unable to locate where the constraint
on the version of BISON is in the code and unsure of the syntax needed
to make it work.

  I  have had  version problems with ports under 4.4_STABLE.  I would
like to avoid dependencies on programs that are not
in the 4.5 ports tree.

Thanks,

==Joe Blask==