Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:37:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Curtis D. Levin" <kd4zkw@amsat.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Need to find BSD Key defs for keys.h file

Hey all. I am currently trying to port a Ham radio app called DPTNT,
a ham radio program written for linux. I have it compiling under freebsd,
but it only works in Xterm. I need to find a file that gives me keycodes
and syntax for writing a keys.h file for freebsd, so the program will
run on the console.

This is my first forage into porting, or even any type of serious
programming, for that matter, so please be patient with me. Hopefully,
I will be able to fill up a directory called /usr/ports/ham someday,
and that might attract a few more ham radio operators to FreBSD. I have
some patches for Tnos, and Jnos Linux has a release as well, so I might
be trying to port those and put them into the ham dir. There are other
apps which I haven't tried compiling on BSD yet, like morse code programs,
and Satellite tracking programs, etc, but hopefully, alot of these will
compile out of the box. I'll keep you posted on progress. OK, tnx, and
73 de kd4zkw, Curtis.

Curtis D. Levin  kd4zkw
kd4zkw@amsat.org