Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:36:22 -0700
From:      chad <chad@webcorelabs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Default ssh_config file error?

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out why I can't use ssh keys to reach my
FreeBSD NFS box and it appears that root is not allowed to log in.
I added
  PermitRootLogin yes
to the end of /etc/ssh/ssh_config without any luck then I tried
specifying the config file name on the command line and got this:

  arwennfs# /usr/sbin/sshd -d -f /etc/ssh/ssh_config
  /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 22: Bad configuration option: Host
  /etc/ssh/ssh_config: terminating, 1 bad configuration options
  arwennfs#

line 22 looks like:
  Host *

Commenting that line out makes everything work fine.

Am I missing something or is the file depreciated/broken?

Thanks, Chad

PS:
  arwennfs# uname -a
  FreeBSD arwennfs 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 28 14:31:56 GMT 2002
  murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386