Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 15:35:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: VMware 1.1 for Linux on the FreeBSD

Hi

> >This is great stuff, unfortunately VMware 1.1.1-330 isn't available
> >anymore.  Any chance of you updating your port to work with 1.1.2-364?
> >

> I just grabbed VMware-1.1.1-330.tar.gz using his port, no problem.
>
> Couldn't run vmware, it complains that it can't find /dev/tty0 and
> exits.

Did you read section about Full Screen mode from README.FreeBSD file:

   - Fullscreen modes
        VMware would not even started session when our DISPLAY
        variable will be like ':0.0'. So to run VMware on the local
        display you are need to change DISPLAY environment to something
        like 'localhost:0.0'. For example use the following commands
        (for bourne shell):
                DISPLAY=localhost${DISPLAY};export DISPLAY

Vladimir Silyaev