Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 00:41:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        mark thompson <thompson@squirrel.tgsoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: cap60 port

On 31 Mar 1997, mark thompson wrote:

>    From: Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
>
>    On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, mark thompson wrote:
>
>    > It does not appear that the cap60 port uses the kernel appletalk. Is
>    > this because nobody has updated the port, or because it doesn't work?
>
>    I need to verify this, but I believe the kernel appletalk is only Phase 1,
>    not the more common Phase 2.  This is the sense I get from netatalk, which
>    is what the kernel hook is for.
>
>    Please correct me if I am wrong tho.  I know that cap can use this port.
>
> Ah. thanks. It may also be that people have gone to netatalk. I just
> stumbled over it myself while looking for cap updates.

I just re-ran it today and it does do phase 2.

I've been generally happier with netatalk, it's a few times faster than
CAP.  I don't like that it doesn't have two-way password encryption and I
don't know if it does native volumes though, guess I should go
digging a bit.  I suggest trying them both and using what you like best.