Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:48:20 -0600
From:      Frank Griffith <frankg@idfw.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How do I install FreeBSD 2.2.5 over existing network

I have an existing ethernet network and want to install FreeBSD across it.
I have downloaded all the necessary files and placed them on a Windows95
computer in a folder called FreeBSD. This computer is hooked to the FreeBSD
box by BNC cable with terminators in place.

When I start the FreeBSD floppy and get to the install program, I can't seem
to make the thing work. I have an FTP server program running on the Win95
unit and its pinging the other stations okay.

When I choose FTP server as the media, it won't give me the choice to pick
a machine on my local network. What should a guy do?