Date:        Mon, 04 Jun 2001 15:04:36 +0200
From:      Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiport serial board

Wayne Pascoe wrote:

> Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl> writes:
>
> > I use the Cyclom YeP from Cyclades. I think it is the best supported
> > board arround.
>
> What devices are you using ? We have a Cyclades Cyclom Y adaptor. It
> is picked up at boot time as follows:
>
> cy0: <Cyclades Cyclom-Y Serial Adapter> port 0x1080-0x10ff mem 0xf4000000-0xf4003fff,0xf4008000-0xf400807f irq 9 at device 16.0 on pci0
>
> We just don't know what devices to use with it or what their major and
> minor numbers should be.

/dev/cuac00 - /dev/cuac0v for the first board
/dev/cuac10 -/dev/cuac1v for the sencond etc

idem for tty's

Take a look at the MAKEDEV script and /etc/serial.rc

Take care when using more than one board in the same machine, the 'make_dev' call in the driver doesn't match with the MAKEDEV scripts, I
don't know if this is solved in 4.3.

Good Luck
Arjan