Date:      Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:56:37 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        zhouyi zhou <zhouzhouyi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: rewrite src/sys/i386/i386/in_cksum.c

Quoting zhouyi zhou <zhouzhouyi@FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 9 Jul 2007 =20
10:55:47 +0800):

> Hey,
>   Since FreeBSD update gcc from 3.4.x to 4.2.0, the FreeBSD gdb  =20
> remote debugger in i386 platform
> will find the TCP/UPD checksum will not be computed right, when  =20
> calling macro in_cksum
> which calls in_cksum_skip in src/sys/i386/i386/in_cksum.c in case of =20
>  getting rid of -O flag
> supplied to gcc when compiling(The optimize will interfere with  =20
> comfortable gdb debugging).

>    If someone is interested in it, he can lend me a hand to rewrite  =20
> all of the similiar cases.

A rewrite (port from DFly) of the IP checksum code exists since a long =20
time. ATM I don't remember who ported it (sorry!). I know that Andre =20
wanted to review the code as part of his network-fundraising work, but =20
I don't remember the outcome (or if there's an outcome at all).

Search the archives of net/current/arch, maybe you can find it there =20
and test if it solves your problem.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20