Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 14:23:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Sumbry][" <sumbry@affinity.net>
To:        Robert Hough <rch@qserve.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cucipop port/source

> I just replaced the proper lines in my inetd.conf, restarted inetd, and
> away it went. Haven't had any problems as of yet.

You'll get much better performance with Cucipop if you remove it from
inetd, and let it run in Standalone mode.

We use cucipop here, with about 30k POP users, and it performs
wonderfully.  We've used it for over a year now, under FreeBSD 3.3 w/no
problems at all.  Granted, we skipped compiling in the db support as
well. Not really needed.

-----
Sumbry][ | Affinity Internet Inc | http://affinity.net | sumbry@affinity.net
I'll believe psychics when one phones me, just in the nick of time,
yelling, "Duck!"