Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 17:09:00 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Dale Chulhan - Home <dchulhan@uwi.tt>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X on windows(something)

Dale Chulhan - Home <dchulhan@uwi.tt> types:
> My BSD box is humming away happily upstairs in the office and I have
> been assigned :( to a winNT / win2k box.
>
> I want to run some sort of software that would enable me ( for free ) to
> run an Xserver (X-Window Manager?) and let that box host all the
> processing etc.

More information, please. Like which of the two is "that" box that you
want to run all the processing, and which you want things to display
on.

> I tried VNC but that's not a true X-Window system.

In which case, I also need your definnition of "true X-Window
system". VNC's X tools are built from patched X sources. That seems to
be about as true an X-Window system as you can get.

	<mike