Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:06:26 -0700
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Nagy_L=E1szl=F3_Zsolt?= <nagylzs@freemail.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shared IMAP folder

Nagy László Zsolt wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I would like to share some IMAP folders between users. I'm currently
> using postfix and uw-imap. Is this possible? How should I do this? (Hard
> links between IMAP files?)
>
> The basic problem is this: we have a company and we have some employees,
> doing help desk service. There are "cases" with different e-mail
> threads. When an employee goes on holiday, the others should be able to
> continue his work. The best was to do this is - I believe - a shared
> IMAP folder. Our employees are using Thunderbird. That wonderful program
> can display message threads. It is very nice, but how can these users
> share their e-mails? Is it possible to do this with FreeBSD and
> Thunderbird?
>
> Thank you,
>
>   Laszlo

There's some directions at
http://www.flatmtn.com/computer/Linux-Imap-UW.html (found by googling uw
imap shared folders) but I'm not sure I follow them. It looks like it's
just setting up another IMAP account that happens to be shared....

I use cyrus-imap, and it seems to have fairly straight-forward support
for shared/public folders from what little I've played with them.

HTH,
Micah