Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:42:27 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrey Chernov <ache@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: **HEADS UP** essential setlocale(3) fix

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 02:52:10PM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
[...]
> >   Testcase:
> >
> >   /usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C LC_TIME=de_DE.ISO_8859-1 /bin/date
> >
> >   Should return date in the "C" locale format.

I have checked both System V and Linux, they behave correctly.
NetBSD and OpenBSD behave like FreeBSD did (incorrectly).

I am not checking src/ to see what other fixes are required.
The typical fix will be "LC_TIME=C date" -> "LC_ALL=C date",
probably preserving the "LC_TIME=C" setting so that the
upgrade path from the old system isn't broken.

Comments?

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,