Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:37:23 +0200
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <gelderen@mediaport.org>
To:        "Martti Kuparinen" <martti.kuparinen@lmf.ericsson.se>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I have added Finnish keyboard support for sysinstall

From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
>> I have patched sysinstall to support Finnish keyboards. In addition to these
>> patches, one must create two new files in /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/
>>
>> cp swedish.cp850.kbd finnish.cp850.kbd
>> cp swedish.iso.kbd finnish.iso.kbd
>
>Hmmm.  Question: If these are identical, what's the point of even
>creating new maps?  Why not just add a new menu entry in sysinstall
>which points at the same Swedish entries or, even less trouble, simply
>modify the swedish entry to say "Swedish/Finnish" or something?

Hmm, I'd think Finnish people will expect their keymap at the F in the list since they don't know that it's the same as the Swedish map.
(Exactly the reason why it's being added in the first place.) Therefore I think your first option is the preferred one...

Cheers,
Jeroen
--
Jeroen C. van Gelderen  - gelderen@mediaport.org